We do not have any vacancies at the moment but please do get in touch if you would like to know more and are interested in future possibilities. With thanks.
The deadline for the below position has closed. We were thrilled to receive over 300 strong applications.
We are excited to be looking for 4 writers/artists to take part in Re:Generation, funded by Arts Council England.
Chosen individuals will take part in Re:New, the first part of the overall project Re:Generation. Re:New is an in-depth, paid, training – one and a half days per week across eight weeks. During Re:New you will:
• be trained in Living Words ‘listen out loud’ methodology.
• work in a care home and rehearsal room; you will work with individuals experiencing a dementia, turning their words into books.
• participate in a Living Words workshop with care home staff.
• present the work at a care home sharing day and artists’ sharing event.
• keep a journal throughout the project – this will form part of the evaluation process.
• have the opportunity to be one of Living Words’ team, running care home residencies with other artists from Winter 2015.
We are looking for individuals who use the spoken and written word in their art form and feel drawn to working with people experiencing a dementia. You do not need to be a writer (though of course you might be). Living Words artists are made up of poets, actors, performance artists, fine artists, improvisers, playwrights and none of the above.
If you are interested please drop us a simple CV and up to 500 words on why you feel this might be for you. And feel free to contact us if you have any preliminary questions. This training is happening in London.
Application deadline: Fri 16th Jan 2015.
Project dates: Feb 2nd – April 2nd 2015. The days will be fixed once the group is fixed, taking in to account their needs where possible. It is the mix of people that is the most important factor at this stage.
The fees are £150 per full day and £100 per half day. With a minimum of 7
full days and 4 half days at this point. Unfortunately, travel is not covered.